CUSTOMER SERVICE GUIDELINES
To provide prompt and effective customer service, the Bureau of Educator Standards and Certification has established the following guidelines.
1. The office is located at 450 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford,
is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Applications and general information may be obtained during office hours.
- Individuals may deliver applications and/or supporting documentation to the office during working hours.
- All applications for certification are processed in the order in which they are received to ensure equity to all individuals applying for certification.
- Response time to most applications, once all required documentation had been received, is generally 4-6 weeks, but may be double this during the peak months of May through September.
- All applications delivered by hand are treated in the same manner as those received by mail: each document received is first date stamped, entered into the computer system and scanned into a file prior to review by a certification consultant.
- Certification consultants are not available for individual consultations, nor are they able to immediately evaluate hand delivered documents.
- Due to accounting requirements, the Bureau of Educator Standards and Certification cannot provide a printed certificate on the same day in which materials are hand delivered. Since all credentials must be reviewed by a certification consultant, the receptionist is unable to provide applicants with verification of certification status.
2. To receive updated information on certification status or to request information, applicants have the following options in addition to inquiry by US mail:
If you require further information or have a technical question regarding this site, contact us
- On-line: www.ct.gov/sde/cert
Applicants may obtain up to the minute information on application and certification status on-line once they have created an account on the Connecticut Educator Certification System (CECS);
- Interactive 24-hour automated phone system: 860-713-6969;
- Public information line for general questions: 860-713-6969;
Available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (excluding holidays) noon to 4pm;
- Fax: (860) 713-7017; or
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Most emails are responded to in 3-5 business days. More complicated responses may require additional time for file review and research.
Content Last Modified on 1/25/2017 4:51:16 PM