How To Register For The 2014 GED® Test
INFORMATION FOR THE TEST-TAKER:
Test-takers have THREE steps to register for the 2014 GED® Test on Computer.
Step 1: Create an account: Visit and sign in to www.GED.com on your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Step 2: Check alerts:
- Click the exclamation point icon in the blue bar on your MyGED™ dashboard to get more information about your alerts.
- The state of Connecticut requires that all test-takers be counseled on their options for high school completion. All test-takers must go to the nearest Connecticut Adult Education Center to complete his/her registration.
- Connecticut Adult Education provider directory [PDF]
Once the adult education visit is complete, final processing may take 24-72 hours. Test-takers will receive an email that he/she has been released for scheduling. If a test-taker does not receive this email within 5 days, contact the GED® Testing Service.
Step 3: Schedule the test:
- Once the additional steps have been completed correctly, you will receive an email notifying you that you can now schedule your GED® test. You will also see a yellow “Start Scheduling” button on the “Schedule” tile on your dashboard.
Note: If account information for online registration is forgotten, contact the GED®
Testing Service directly. Go to www.GED.com and click on forgot my password. Or call 1-877-EXAM-GED
For Test-Takers 17 and 18 years old: Individuals who are either 17 or 18 years of age at the time of GED® registration must submit documentation that they have been officially withdrawn from a Connecticut school for at least six months; 17 year olds must submit a withdrawal form with a parent or guardian signature. Individuals who are 18 years of age may submit, in lieu of a withdrawal form, a letter from the last high school that the class with which they entered ninth grade (or would have entered if never enrolled) has already graduated.
For Test-Takers who are Homeschooled: Individuals 17 or 18 years of age who are homeschooled and wish to take the GED® test should ask their parent/guardian to contact the State Department of Education GED® office at (860) 807-2111 or email email@example.com and request a homeschooling attestation form signed by the GED® Administrator. Because homeschooled students cannot procure a school withdrawal form, they can use this attestation form to register for the GED® test.
For Test-Takers 21 years old & over: All test-takers who are 21 years of age and older and a non-veteran must pay a $13 registration fee to take the GED® test. This fee includes the cost of the diploma. Only veterans and test-takers under the age of 21 are exempt from this fee.
Proving Identity and Residency for GED ® testing in Connecticut
Proof of identity and proof of residency can be mutually exclusive.
All test-takers require proof of identity and Connecticut residency. Individuals with a current and valid State of Connecticut issued photo identification, such as a driver's license, learner's permit, or non-driver's identification, can use that ID as proof of identity and Connecticut residency.
Individuals without a State of Connecticut photo identification will need:
A current, valid (not expired) government issued photo identification for proof of identity; and
A current utility bill, mortgage document, lease or rental agreement with the individual's name and current address as verification of Connecticut residency. A post office box is not acceptable.
If there is a situation that does not fit these criteria, please contact the GED office at 860-807-2110/2111.
*During the registration process, the Connecticut adult education program must validate a test-taker's identification and residency as noted above. The proctor at a Pearson VUE Testing Center need only verify identification no the day of testing.
- Check your email frequently!!!
- Test-takers must take all sub-tests before they will be allowed to re-test for a failed area.
- Since there is a 60 day waiting period to retake any failed sub-test, the online registration system will block users attempting to register before the 60 days expires.
- The State of Connecticut will be charged for no shows. Test-takers must cancel via the on-line scheduling site at least 24 hours prior to the GED® test date.
- Test-takers must bring a current and valid State of Connecticut issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, learner’s permit, non-driver’s identification or a current, valid government issued photo identification for proof of identity. No other items are allowed in the testing room, and will be stored in a secure location.
- The name and address on a test taker’s identification must match the name and address used for registration.
Content Last Modified on 4/8/2014 12:45:44 PM