SDE: School Nutrition Programs

School Nutrition Programs

Child Nutrition Programs   Program Guidance  |  Forms  |  Resources  |  Nutrition Education 

{Students eating lunch}

  Afterschool Snack Program

  Food Distribution Program (FDP)

  Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP)

  National School Lunch Program (NSLP)

  School Breakfast Program (SBP)

  Seamless Summer Food Service Program (SSFP)

  Special Milk Program (SMP)

Program Guidance

  Meal Patterns

  Online Agreements and Claiming
  Procedures, User IDs, Passwords and Access  [PDF]     
  Online Security Enhancements  [PDF]

  Direct Certification

  Operational Memos

  Program Guidance
  Federal and state requirements and guidance
  for operating school nutrition programs


Consultants for School Nutrition Programs
County Consultant
  • Fairfield County
  • Fionnuala Brown
  • Hartford County (towns/cities beginning with A-R)
  • Teri Dandeneau
  • Hartford County (towns/cities beginning with S-W)
  • Windham County
  • Susan Alston
  • Litchfield County
  • Allison Calhoun-White
  • Middlesex County
  • Tolland County
  • Andy Paul
  • New Haven County
  • Jackie Schipke
  • New London County
  • Monica Pacheco

    Connecticut State Department of Education
    Bureau of Health, Nutrition, Family Services and Adult Education
    25 Industrial Park Road, Middletown, CT 06457
    Telephone: 860-807-2050
    Fax: 860-807-2127

    The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal and, where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

    If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

    Content Last Modified on 4/9/2015 2:27:46 PM