Medical Careers Education
CT CURRICULUM, INSTRUCTION AND ASSESSMENT PUBLICATIONS
- National Consortium for Health Science Education
- Health Occupations in Comprehensive High Schools - 103 Endorsement in Initial Teacher Prep Requirements [PDF]
- National Healthcare Foundation Standards and Accountability Criteria [PDF]
- Career and Technical Education Assessment/Medical Careers Education [PDF]
- Connecticut Career Pathways/Medical Careers Education
- Health Science-Diagnostic Services [PDF] [Excel]
- Health Science-Therapeutic Services [PDF] [Excel]
- Health Science-Biotechnology Research and Development [PDF] [Excel]
- DPH - Department of Public Health links to nurse's aid program requirements, sample curriculum and certification information
Teachers and Administrators
- Association for Career and Technical Education
Links to the Health Education Occupations division providing resources for teachers, networking opportunities and information on awards.
- National Area Health Education Centers
This site provides links to state AHEC's. One of the focuses of AHEC is to get students informed about health related careers. Connecticut has four AHEC centers:
- National Consortium on Health Science and Technology Education
NCHSTE responds to national policy on the preparation and employment of health care personnel.
- National Health Care Skill Standards
Provides access to a document for improving the nation's health care system by identifying those skills required to deliver high-quality health care.
- CAHOE - Connecticut Association of Health Occupations Educators - An association of Medical Careers teachers and professionals.
- Guidelines for Connecticut Secondary School Nurse's Aide/Assistant Programs [PDF]
- CAHOE - Connecticut Association of Health Occupations Educators - An association of Health Science teachers and professionals. Contact Lori Matyjas for more information.
- Guidelines for Connecticut Nurse's Aide Programs 2007 [PDF]
- Carl D. Perkins Grant [DOC]
- HOSA Future Health Professionals
HOSA Future Health Professionals is a student organization whose mission is to promote career opportunities in health care and to enhance the delivery of quality health care to all people. Through this website, members, advisors, and guests can access a wide array of services from basic organization information to online membership services.
- CT HOSA Future Health Professionals
- Skills USA - VICA
Skills USA-VICA is a national organization serving high school and college students and instructors who are enrolled in training programs in technical, skilled, and service occupations, including health occupations.
Suzanne Vita Loud
Phone: (860) 713-6746
Facsimile: (860) 713-7030
Cooperative Work Education
Content Last Modified on 8/9/2017 8:46:16 AM