Jean Mee, Ed.D., School Health Education and Physical Education Consultant, Project Leader
The Guidelines for Adapted Physical Education is the result of collaboration between the Connecticut State Department of Education Bureau of Health, Nutrition and Adult Education and the Bureau of Special Education. The following individuals dedicated significant time and expertise to ensuring that the contents of this guide are accurate and thorough:
- Patricia Anderson, Special Education Consultant
- Rhonda Kempton, Special Education Consultant
- Gail Mangs, Special Education Consultant
- Margery Stahl, Special Education Consultant
- Maria Synodi, Special Education Consultant
The Connecticut State Department of Education wishes to thank the following individuals, agencies and sources for allowing the reprint and adaptation of their materials.
- Adapted Physical Education Committee of the Connecticut Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Martin Block, Editor of PALEASTRA Magazine
- Broward County, Florida, Student Support Services
- California Department of Education for allowing the reproduction, referencing and adaptation of information from its Adapted Physical Education Guidelines in California Schools (2001).
- Colorado Department of Education for allowing the reproduction, referencing and adaptation of information from its Colorado Guidelines for Adapted Physical Education Guidelines (2007).
- Phillip Conaster, http://www.pelinks4u.org
- Glastonbury School District
- Maine Department of Education for allowing the reproduction, referencing and adaptation of information from its Maine Task Force on Adapted Physical Education: Professionals Allied For Movement Guidelines (2000).
- G.S. Don Morris and Jim Stiehl
- Ken Murata, MD, and Takahiro Maeda, MD
- Nancy A. Murphy, MD, and Paul S. Carbone, MD
- Joseph P. Winnick
Adapted Physical Education Guidelines Advisory Committee Members
- Barbara Brooks, New London Public Schools
- Joan Golden, Hartford Public Schools
- Ann Malfronte, Connecticut Association of Schools / Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference, Unified Sports Coordinator, Retired
- Kevin McGlone, Cooperative Education Services
- Matt Rossi, Newington Public Schools
- Tina Yenkner, Glastonbury Public Schools
- Stacia Archangelo, Bristol Public Schools
- Nancy Bagatell, Ph.D., Quinnipiac University
- Anna F. Lobosco, Ph.D, New York State Developmental Disabilities Council
- Kathy Sweetland, West Hartford Public Schools
- Jinjin Yang, Ph.D., Southern Connecticut State University