Superintendent's Digest Archive: 2015–16
- Carl D. Perkins Grant - Intent to Apply forms are due by April 29, 2016 [PDF]
- Statutory references about student participation in annual state assessments (corrected)
- Improving Participation Rates on State Assessments Roundtable Materials:
- Academic Office newsletter for March 2016 [PDF]
- Connecticut SAT School Day Letter for Parents/Guardians regarding scores
- Academic Office newsletter for January 2016 [PDF]
- Academic Office newsletter for December 2015 [PDF]
- SAT family brochure [PDF], SAT FAQs - Districts [PDF], SAT FAQs - Superintendents [PDF]
- The biennial review of universal screening reading assessments for grades K-3 will begin in March 2016 [PDF].
- The State Board of Education approved the adoption of the Next Generation Science Standards.
- Important information about college career pathways and dual enrollment courses [PDF].
- The State Board of Education approved the adoption of the SAT as the mastery examination to be administered to Grade 11 students, effective spring 2016 [PDF].
- The State Board of Education approved the adoption of the Connecticut English Language Proficiency Standards [PDF].
- CSDE presents online and workshop professional learning opportunities [PDF].
- Professional development opportunities [PDF].
- A toolkit of Smarter Balanced assessment materials is available for district use. These materials may be customized when presenting Smarter Balanced results to educators, boards of education, families, and community members. The Smarter Balanced Results Toolkit and Supports for Districts, Schools, and Educators are available in the August 3, 2015, edition of Student Assessment News [PDF].
- Survey regarding the 2016 Smarter Balanced assessment testing window [PDF].
- Academic Office newsletter for October 2015 [PDF].
- Academic Office newsletter for September 2015 [PDF].
- The State Department of Education issued a set of Smarter Balanced Parent Guides, parent resources for understanding what their children should learn and be able to do this year, and helpful suggestions for supporting children’s learning at home.
- Guidance for districts regarding transgender students and refugees
- The 2016 statewide SAT administration date is Wednesday, March 2, 2016. The 2016 statewide SAT makeup date is Wednesday, April 27, 2016. In the unlikely event of a weather delay on Wednesday, March 2, 2016, the Connecticut SAT may be administered as long as the delay is not more than 90 minutes. Delays beyond 90 minutes cause elevated test security risks and will require the district to administer the Connecticut SAT on the makeup date. View additional details.
- A message from the Department of Consumer Protection about epinephrine in public schools [PDF] and a list of properly credentialed drug wholesalers [PDF].
- A summary of education-related legislation enacted in the 2015 sessions of the Connecticut General Assembly [PDF].
- The State Board of Education adopted the Guidelines for Mastery-Based Learning (MBL) at its meeting on June 3 [PDF]. A list of frequently asked questions about MBL is also available.
- DEEP is accepting applications for its GreenCircle Award program, which recognizes commitments to sustainability and the use of sound environmental/energy practices.
- The Commissioner's Back-to-School Meeting was held on Wednesday, August 19, 2015 [PDF].
- ACES invites you to apply or nominate a candidate for the 2015-16 Education Policy Fellowship Program [PDF].
- New legislation makes significant modifications to the minimum budget requirement (MBR) calculation [PDF].
- Uniform Chart of Accounts (UCOA) update [PDF].
- Update on the SDE's Uniform Chart of Accounts (UCOA) project to develop and implement an accounting system for the reporting of school and district education revenues and expenditures. (March 9, 2015) [PDF].
- The ED003 form, which collects information on teacher and administrator contracts, is due from districts by March 4 [PDF].
- Overview of the two-part Educator Evaluation Data Collection (EEDC) for 2014-15 [PDF].
- Read the June 2016 issue of the Performance Office newsletter [PDF].
- Results from the March 2, 2016, Connecticut SAT School Day assessment will be available to students using their accounts through the College Board portal on May 10, 2016. Districts will be able to download their data through the portal on May 12. More information
- Read the May 2016 issue of the Performance Office newsletter [PDF].
Student Supports Office
- Update on Evaluation and Support of Adult Educators [PDF]
- Information on the 2017 Teacher of the Year program [PDF]
- Applications for the 2017 Anne Marie Murphy Paraeducator of the Year are now being accepted [PDF].
- Qualifications for instructors of American Sign Language (ASL) for world language high school credit [PDF]
- Updates on ESEA, PEAC, BloomBoard, Compliance to Coherence Conference [PDF]
- Updates on professional learning and the rubric validation process [PDF].
- Brief summary of LEAD CT programs [PDF]
- ED607 - Title IX coordinator surveys are due September 2, 2016
- The Turnaround Office released its March 2016 newsletter [PDF].
- The Turnaround Office released its November 2015 newsletter [PDF].
- The Turnaround Office released its October 2015 newsletter [PDF].
- The Turnaround Office released its August 2015 newsletter [PDF].
Content Last Modified on 12/1/2016 2:20:03 PM