Superintendent's Digest Archive: 2016–17
- New statewide professional learning opportunity: ReadConn
- In partnership with the Department of Labor, the SDE is extending the Unpaid Experiential Learning Program for 2016-17 [PDF].
Student Supports Office
- Data privacy forum to be held September 8 in East Hartford [PDF].
- Zika virus guidance for schools from the CDC
- In accordance with C.G.S. section 17a-101q, the Department of Education, the Department of Children and Families, and the Connecticut Alliance to End Sexual Violence have developed a statewide sexual assault and sexual abuse awareness and prevention program to be implemented in all local and regional school districts in Connecticut.
- Assessments and tools to screen for students at risk of dyslexia, as required by Public Act 15-197
- Guidance for school districts to report occurrences of concussions as required by Public Act 14-66, An Act Concerning Youth Athletics and Concussions
- Summary of Section 10-76ll of the Connecticut General Statutes, which requires the State Board of Education to develop a written bill of rights for parents of children receiving special education services, and requires to the bill of rights to be distributed annually at planning and placement team meetings. More information
- Legislative requirements for collaboration between local educational agencies and local emergency mobile psychiatric services (EMPS) providers, as mandated by Public Act 13-178, An Act Concerning the Mental, Emotional and Behavioral Health of Youths .
Content Last Modified on 7/21/2017 12:43:20 PM