State Department of Education relocating to 450 Columbus Blvd.
Beginning Friday, January 6, the State Department of Education (SDE) will start relocating its Hartford and Middletown offices to the new state office complex at 450 Columbus Blvd. in downtown Hartford.
- The move will be spread out over four weeks with the last SDE staff members arriving January 30.
- Despite the new street address, all Department of Education phone numbers and the agency mailing address — PO Box 2219, Hartford, CT 06145 — will remain the same. The Postal Service will forward any mail sent to the old Hartford or Middletown addresses.
- Visitors to the new building can park at the nearby Morgan Street parking garage for a small fee. Visitors must sign in at the security guard’s desk with photo identification. On-street parking is also available.
- State Board of Education meetings will take place at 450 Columbus Blvd. The next one will take place on Wednesday, Feb. 1, in the large conference room on the building’s plaza level.
- New walk-in service centers will be open to the public Monday through Friday.
- On the plaza level, the Regional School Choice Office Parent Information Center will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. to answer questions and provide applications for the school choice lottery.
- At street level, the Talent Office will have a reception area with staff available to handle paperwork and documents related to educator certification. Hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The facility at 450 Columbus Blvd. is located at the intersection of Interstates 91 and 84 along the Connecticut River.
Content Last Modified on 1/6/2017 2:13:54 PM